For Immediate Release:
After 6 months of prayer, fasting, and social media hiatus I can no longer stay on the sidelines and watch the Colorado I love fall further into despair.
- I have watched our legislature ignore the Constitutional Right of due process in the horrible “Red Flag” gun bill that does nothing to address mental illness.
- I have watched our legislature ignore the 2018 vote of the people to leave Colorado Oil & Gas alone just to cram SB181 down our throats.
- I have watched our legislature give special judicial sentencing guidelines and detention preferences to undocumented illegal immigrants.
- I have watched my vote for the President weakened in attempt to join a National Popular Vote.
- We now see that the promised full-day “Free” Kindergarten will cost Colorado tax-payers $175M in 2019-2020.
After reviewing the Republican Liberty Caucus 2019 scorecard just days ago I have become even more concerned. The report shows that 24 out of the 40 current Republican legislatures scored a D grade or lower on the evaluation of 72 bills regarding the principles of Individual Liberty, Free Markets and Limited Government. It’s not hard to see why Colorado has fallen so far off the cliff in 2019 when you have a majority Republicans aiding the socialist agenda. Shockingly, one “Republican” scored an F, 17%.
I am happy to announce that I am seeking election for House District 48 in Weld County where current seat holder Steve Humphrey is term limited. Steve was 1 of 3 Republican legislators that received an A rating on the 2019 RLC scorecard, and I couldn’t be more proud to carry his torch into 2021 and beyond. I am excited to be the voice of the agricultural, manufacturing, and energy industries in Weld County that Colorado’s economy depends on. God Bless you, your family, our elected officials, our military families, and the greatest country in the world.
Find out more about me @ www.GradyForHouse.com.
“Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” -Winston Churchill